Wetsuits are faster than skin. Free speed is the most important performance advantage of a wetsuit. The additional buoyancy helps to keep you streamline and improves your body position, reducing surface drag and making you faster. Warmth is also a benefit if swimming in colder water temps. We do not have a specific water temperature that our Maverick Wetsuits are rated for but our suits have been used in conditions from 55-84 degrees F. However if you are swimming in the 50-60 degree range we encourage you to try out some neoprene booties, hoods or gloves to ensure you keep your body temp up.
Articles in this section
- Can I return my wetsuit after swimming in it?
- How do I know my wetsuit fits me properly?
- How do I put on my wetsuit?
- How do I repair a small tear on my wetsuit?
- How do I take off my wetsuit?
- How do the Maverick models differ?
- Should I get a sleeveless or a full wetsuit?
- What if I'm in-between sizes?
- What is the best way to care for my wetsuit?
- What size wetsuit should I wear?